Rentals in Arizona

The average household size in Arizona is 2.7 persons if you rent, and if you do, you account for one of 811,112, or 34.8% of the occupied homes in Arizona. Home owners account for remaining 65.2%. The average rent for an apartment in Arizona in the last 12 months has been $511. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $376, $479, and $584 respectively.

The capitol of Arizona is Phoenix and the population of Arizona is 6,392,017. The most populated cities in Arizona are Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Glendale, and Scottsdale.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Arizona, located in the southwestern United States, is home to several dry climates, including arid, semiarid, and highland. You can expect very hot summer temperatures with average highs exceeding over 100 degrees. Even though summer is hot, spring and fall are pleasant, and the winters are very mild and short. The lowest average winter temperature is 43 degrees and snowfall averages in at 0.3 inches. Don’t expect much rain in Arizona; the average is 13.6 inches annually.

Population Demographics

Arizona residents are 35.9 years old on average, with men being 34.8 years on average, and females 37.2. You will also find that there is about a one to one ratio of men to women here. If you live in Arizona, your home is one of 2,334,050 households, with each home averaging $46,789 in annual income. Twelve and one half percent of Arizona’s population is in poverty, and 16.9% of its residents do not have any health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Get ready to watch some major league sporting events in Arizona! It is home to the Arizona Cardinals, NFL; Arizona Diamondbacks, MLB; Phoenix Coyotes, NHL; and the Phoenix Suns, NBA. If you are looking to Arizona for higher education, it is home to several major universities including the University of Arizona, and Arizona State University, and University of Phoenix. Over thirty percent of its population is enrolled in college or university and 16.7% of Arizona residents have a bachelor’s degree.

Industry and Employment

Arizona’s top industries include copper and other mining, electrical equipment, transportation equipment, machinery, and tourism. These industries, along with others employee 2,655,557 people, but 7.20% of Arizona's population is unemployed. To get to work, Arizona residents drive about 24.5 minutes every day.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z