Rentals in Arkansas

There are 1,317,818 housing units in Arkansas, with the average household size of rented homes being 2.51 persons. Renters account for 363,334, or 32.60% of the occupied homes in Arkansas, with home owners accounting for remaining 67.40%. The average rent for an apartment in Arkansas in the last 12 months has been $414. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $337, $397, and $467 respectively.

The capitol of Arkansas is Little Rock and the population of Arkansas is 2,915,918. The most populated cities in Arkansas are Little Rock, Fort Smith, North Little Rock, Fayetteville, and Jonesboro.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

A humid, subtropical climate awaits you in the southeastern state of Arkansas. Summer is hot and humid with temperatures averaging around 90 degrees for the high and 70 for the low. Spring and fall are pleasant, and winter is mild and short. The average winter temperatures range from a high of 50 degrees to a low of 30. You won’t find much snow in Arkansas, with an annual average snowfall of 5.2 inches, but you will find 50.6 inches of annual rainfall.

Population Demographics

If you live in Arkansas you are probably 37.3 years old, the average age. Men are younger than average 36.1 years and women slightly older at 38.7. Women slightly outnumber men, 51% to 49% in Arkansas. Expect your household to take home an average of $38,307 in annual income. Arkansas sees 14.1% of the population in poverty, and 17.5% are not covered by any health insurance or coverage.

Sports Universities and Education

Although Arkansas does not have any major leagues sports, it is home to several major universities and NCAA sports including the University of Arkansas, and Arkansas State University, and University of Central Arkansas. If you have a bachelor’s degree, you are part of 13.2% in Arkansas to have one, and if you are enrolled in college or university, you are a part of 25.5% in Arkansas who are enrolled.

Industry and Employment

Industry in Arkansas includes food processing, electrical equipment, fabricated metal products, machinery, paper products, and bromine. Five point eight percent of Arkansas's population is unemployed, but there are 1,245,328 residents who are employed. Arkansas residents must drive to work 21.20 minutes each day on average.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z