Rentals in California
There are 13,682,976 homes in California and if you rent, expect to be living with 2.89 people in your apartment. If you do rent, you are just one in the 5,503,300, or 44% of the occupied homes in California, with home owners accounting for the other 56%. The average rent for an apartment in California in the last 12 months has been $2477. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1857, $2337, and $2922 respectively.
The capitol of California is Sacramento and the population of California is 37,253,956. The most populated cities in California are Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, and Long Beach.
Weather and Climate
Journey westward to California! Here in California, you will experience a wide variety of climates which vary based on latitude, your proximity to the coast, and your elevation. If you were able to visit every inch of the state you would experience arid, semiarid, Mediterranean, highland, and marine climates! Overall, California has excellent weather. Coastal and southern California includes dry summers and rainy winters, the central valley has hot summers and cool winters, mountainous regions have mild summers and cold winters, and the Imperial Valley has hot, dry summers. You can experience a lovely 75 average high during the summer and average low winter temperature reach around 45 and around 22.2 inches of annual rainfall. If you don’t live in the mountains, you won’t see any snowfall throughout the year, but there snowfall can average as high as 350 inches annually.
You’ll find that Californians are 35.2 years old on average, men average in at 34 years, and women at a slightly older 36 years. California likes to keep it even with a male to female ratio of 1. There are 13,682,976 households in Cali and each home can expect to bring in $57,708 of income per year. California sees just under 12% of its people in poverty, and 18.5% of Californians don’t have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
Come to California if you like major league sports! It is home to three NHL hockey teams, the Anaheim Ducks, LA Kings, and San Jose Sharks. If soccer is more your thing, then you can check out the CD Chivas USA, LA Galaxy, and the San Jose Earthquakes, all MLS teams. The Golden State Warriors, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, and Sacramento Kings will take care of all of your NBA basketball needs. Play some ball with the LA Angels of Anaheim, LA Dodgers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, and the San Francisco Giants, all of the MLB. And finally finish off with some Monday night football with the Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers for the NFL. California is also home to many universities, three of which are the University of California Los Angeles, California State, and University of California Berkeley. Thirty percent of California residents are enrolled in college or university and 19% have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
California’s top industries include electronic components and equipment, aerospace, film production, petroleum, computers and computer software, and tourism. You can find 16,243,172 California residents heading off to work each day. However, about 8% of Californians are unemployed. If you want to get to work in the morning, expect to drive on average 26.90 minutes each day.