Rentals in Idaho

The average household size of rented homes in Idaho is 2.51 persons, and renters account for 175,177, or 30.40% of the occupied homes. Home owners account for remaining 69.60% of Idaho's population. The average rent for an apartment in Idaho in the last 12 months has been $405. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $326, $361, and $438 respectively.

The capitol of Idaho is Boise and the population of Idaho is 1,567,582. The most populated cities in Idaho are Boise, Nampa, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, and Meridian.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Idaho is located in the western United States, with semiarid and highland climates. Summers are pleasant in Idaho, with 84 degrees for the high and 46 for the low. Winters are cold with average winter lows averaging at a high of 29 and 8 for the low, and an annual average snowfall of 19.2 inches. There is 18.9 inches of annual precipitation.

Population Demographics

The median age in Idaho is 34.70 years for both men and women, and the population has a male female ratio of 1. Idaho has 668,634 homes, with each earning $43,490 in average annual income. 11.60% of Idaho’s population is in poverty, and 17.70% of its population does not have any health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Idaho is home to several universities including the Boise State University, Idaho State University, and Brigham Young University. Idaho has 25.60% of its population enrolled in college or university and 16.70% of the population have earned a bachelor's degree. It has no major league sports.

Industry and Employment

Idaho’s top industries include food processing, lumber and wood products, machinery, chemicals, tourism, mining, and electronics. Idaho residents drive on average 20.4 minutes to work each day. There are 681,907 employed residents, and 6.40% of Idaho's population is unemployed.