Rentals in Illinois

Of the 5,297,077 Illinois homes, Renters account for 1,533,519, or 32.30%. The average household size of rented homes is 2.44 persons. If you don’t rent, you are one of the 67.70% of Illinois home owners. The average rent for an apartment in Illinois in the last 12 months has been $700. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $596, $711, and $795 respectively.

The capitol of Illinois is Springfield and the population of Illinois is 12,830,632. The most populated cities in Illinois are Chicago, Rockford, Aurora, Naperville, and Peoria.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Illinois, the Land of Lincoln, is located in the Midwest United States and depending on how north or south you are in the state you will experience either a humid continental and humid subtropical climate. Summer temperatures average around 85 degrees for the high and 65 for the low. Average winter low temperatures average at a high of 33 degrees and 17 for the low, with an annual average snowfall of 24.6 inches. Expect a moderate amount of rain in Illinois with 39.2 inches of annual precipitation.

Population Demographics

If you are a guy in Illinois, you are probably 35.2 years old, and account for 49% of Illinois’ population. Women average 37.9 years and take up the remaining 51%. The median age in Illinois is 36.60 years. Illinois has 5,297,077 households, with each home averaging $52,972 in annual income. There are 10.1% Illinoisans living in poverty, and 13.8% of Illinois residents live without health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Illinois is home to several major league sports including the Chicago Blackhawks for the NHL, the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox for the MLB, Chicago Fire for MLS, the Chicago Bears for the NFL, and the Chicago Bulls for the NBA. Illinois is also home to several universities including the University of Illinois, Northern Illinois University, and DePaul University. 28.2% of Illinoisans are enrolled in college or university and 19.2% have a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

Illinois’s top industries include machinery, food processing, chemicals, electrical equipment, printing and publishing, and fabricated metal products. There are 5,911,495 employed residents, and it takes them 27.9 minutes to drive to work every day. 7.60% of Illinois's population is unemployed.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View