Rentals in Iowa

Iowa is home to 1,337,563 housing units, with the average number of people living in a rented home is 2.15. If you do rent, your home is one of 338,155, or 27.6% of the occupied homes in Iowa. Home owners account for remaining 72.4%. The average rent for an apartment in Iowa in the last 12 months has been $412. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $353, $420, and $487 respectively.

The capitol of Iowa is Des Moines and the population of Iowa is 3,046,355. The most populated cities in Iowa are Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, and Waterloo.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Iowa, located in the Midwestern United States, experiences a humid continental climate. Expect summer temperatures to average around 86 degrees for the high and 67 for the low. It rains on average 34 inches each year. Iowa winters average at a high of 31 degrees and 14 for the low with an annual average snowfall of 34.9 inches.

Population Demographics

There is an equal number of men and women in Iowa, with the median age in Iowa being 38.2 years. Men are 36.6 years and women 39.5 years old on average. There are 1,337,563 Iowa households, with each home averaging $47,961 in annual income. 8.20% of Iowa’s population is in poverty, and 9.30% of Iowans do not have any health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Several universities are located in Iowa, including the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and University of Northern Iowa. Iowa has 28.60% of its population enrolled in college or university and 17.10% of Iowans have a bachelor's degree. No major league sports reside in Iowa.

Industry and Employment

Top Iowan industries include food products, farm machinery, chemicals, electrical equipment, and printing and publishing. If you are employed, then you dive on average 19.1 minutes to work every day. You are also one of 1,540,038 employed Iowans. 4.60% of Iowa's population is unemployed.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View