Rentals in Kansas
1,234,037 homes are in Kansas. The average household size of rented homes is 2.29 persons. Renters account for 351,751, or 31.90% of the occupied homes in Kansas, with home owners accounting for the remaining 68.10%. The average rent for an apartment in Kansas in the last 12 months has been $1249. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $952, $1175, and $1495 respectively.
The capitol of Kansas is Topeka and the population of Kansas is 2,853,118. The most populated cities in Kansas are Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Topeka, and Olathe.
Weather and Climate
The Midwest is home to Kansas. Kansas experiences three different climates, including humid continental, humid subtropical, and semiarid climates, depending on where you are in the state. Summer temperatures average around 93 degrees for the high and 70 for the low. Expect 28.9 inches of annual precipitation in Kansas. Average winter temperatures average at a high of 43 degrees and 22 for the low, with Kansas’ average snowfall measuring in at 14.7 inches annually.
If you ask someone how old they are in Kansas, they will most likely say they are 36.2 years old. There are equal numbers of men and women, but women are slightly older than men 37.4 to 34.7 years respectively. 1,234,037 households reside in Kansas, with each home averaging $48,257 in annual income. 9.50% of Kansans live in poverty, and 13.90% of the population does live without health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
Kansas has one major league soccer team, the MLS’s Sporting Kansas City. There are several universities include University of Kansas, Kansas State University, and Wichita State University. 27.50% of its population is enrolled in college or university and 19.30% of Kansans have obtained a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
Kansas’s top industries include transportation equipment, food processing, printing and publishing, chemicals, machinery, and apparel. 1,373,030 employed residents live in Kansas, driving 19.1 minutes to work each day.5.30% of Kansas's population is unemployed.