Rentals in Kentucky
Kentucky has 1,928,617 homes in the state, with renters accounting for 528,056, or 31.4%, and home owners account for the other 68.6%. The average household size of rented homes is 2.40 persons. The average rent for an apartment in Kentucky in the last 12 months has been $1199. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $947, $1127, and $1411 respectively.
The capitol of Kentucky is Frankfort and the population of Kentucky is 4,339,367. The most populated cities in Kentucky are Louisville, Lexington – Fayette, Owensboro, Bowing Green, and Covington.
Weather and Climate
Welcome to the Bluegrass State! Kentucky is located in the Midwestern United States, and experiences humid continental and humid subtropical climates. Summer temperatures in Kentucky average around 89 degrees for the high and 70 for the low. Average winter temperatures average at a high of 43 degrees and 27 for the low. Expect an annual average snowfall of 12.5 inches, and an average of 48.9 inches of annual precipitation.
Men are slightly older than women on average 36.7 years to 39.3, respectively. The median age in Kentucky is 38 years. 49.20% of Kentuckians are male and 50.80% female. There are 1,928,617 Kentucky homes, with each home averaging $40,062 per year. Kentucky sees 14.50% of the population in poverty, and 15.30% of Kentuckians do not have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
25.8% of Kentuckians are enrolled in college or university and 12.40% have a bachelor's degree. Kentucky is home to several universities including University of Kentucky, University of Louisville, and Western Kentucky University. There are no major league sporting teams located in Kentucky.
Industry and Employment
Top industries in Kentucky include transportation equipment, chemicals, electronic equipment, tobacco products, machinery, food processing, and tourism. There are 1,815,971 employees living in the state, and Kentucky residents drive on average 22.6 minutes to work each day. 6.60% of Kentucky's population is unemployed.