Rentals in Louisiana

There are 1,967,947 Louisiana homes, and Renters account for 548,318, or 32.40% of them. Home owners account for remaining 67.60% the population. The average household size of rented homes is 2.52 persons in Louisiana. The average rent for an apartment in Louisiana in the last 12 months has been $513. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $416, $507, and $608 respectively.

The capitol of Louisiana is Baton Rouge and the population of Louisiana is 4,533,372. The most populated cities in Louisiana are New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, LaFayette, and Lake Charles

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Head down to the Louisiana bayou! The Big Easy is located in the southeastern United States, which comes with a humid subtropical climate. Summer temperatures are hot and humid with 91 degrees for the average high, 75 for the low, and 60.1 inches of annual rainfall. Winters are mild with high of 62 degrees and 45 for the low and no snowfall.

Population Demographics

The median age in Louisiana is 35.9 years, with men averaging at 34.5 years and account for 49% of Louisiana’s population. Women average 37.2 years and account for 51% of Louisiana’s population. There are 1,967,947 households in Louisiana, with each home averaging $42,505 in annual income. 14.50% of Louisiana residents live in poverty, and 17.80% of the population has no health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Louisiana is home to several major league sports including the NHL’s New Orleans Saints and the NBA’s New Orleans Hornets. If you are part of the 24.6% of Louisianans enrolled in college or university, there is a high chance you attend the University of Louisiana, Louisiana State University, or Southeastern Louisiana University. 14.40% of Louisiana residents has a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

Top industries in Louisiana include chemicals, petroleum products, food processing, transportation equipment, paper products, tourism, and seafood. There are 1,967,523 employed Louisianans, and 6.20% of the population is unemployed. If you drive to work, expect the commute to last about 24.8 minutes.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z