Rentals in New Jersey
There are 3,554,909 housing units in New Jersey. Renters account for 1,065,693, or 33.60% of the occupied homes in New Jersey, with the average household size of rented homes is 2.49 persons. Home owners account for the remaining 66.4%. The average rent for an apartment in New Jersey in the last 12 months has been $2386. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1883, $2445, and $2903 respectively.
The capitol of New Jersey is Trenton and the population of New Jersey is 8,791,894. The most populated cities in New Jersey are Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, and Edison Township.
Weather and Climate
New Jersey calls the northeastern United States home. It experiences humid continental and humid subtropical climates. A New Jersey summer average around 84 degrees for the high and 69 for the low. Winter temperatures average at a high of 38 degrees and 27 for the low, with an annual average snowfall of 16.5 inches. You can expect an average of 47.1 inches of rain per year in New Jersey.
There are 3,554,909 households in New Jersey, with each home averaging $67,681 in annual income. 7.80% of its population lives in poverty, and 13.20% of New Jersey residents have no health care coverage or insurance. The median age in New Jersey is 39 years, with men averaging at 37.4 years and women 40.3. 48.7% of the population is male and 51.3% female in New Jersey.
Sports Universities and Education
New Jersey is home to major league hockey, soccer, and football teams including the New Jersey Devils for the NHL, the New York Red Bulls for MLS, and the New York Giants and New York Jets for the NFL. Universities include Rutgers University, Montclair State University, and Kean University. 26.20% of its population is enrolled in college or university and 22.10% of have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
The largest industries in New Jersey include chemicals, food processing, electrical equipment, printing and publishing, and tourism. There are 4,143,877 employed residents and they drive on average 30.30 minutes to work each day. 7.2% of New Jersey's population is unemployed