Rentals in North Carolina
Renters account for 1,205,308, or 32.80% of the occupied homes in North Carolina, and have an average household size of 2.45 persons. Home owners account for remaining 67.20%. The average rent for an apartment in North Carolina in the last 12 months has been $1388. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1173, $1354, and $1531 respectively.
The capitol of North Carolina is Raleigh and the population of North Carolina is 9,535,483. The most populated cities in North Carolina are Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, and Winston-Salem.
Weather and Climate
North Carolina, located in the southeastern United States, has a humid subtropical climate. Summer temperatures are quite warm with 90 degrees for the high and 69 for the low on average. North Carolina has an average of 50.3 inches of annual rainfall, and has an annual average snowfall of 7.6 inches. Average winter low temperatures average at a high of 51 degrees and 30 for the low.
The median age in North Carolina is 37.3 years; with males averaging at 36 years and accounting for 48.7% of the population, and females 38.7 years account for the other 51.3%. There are 4,333,479 households in North Carolina. If you are one of these households you probably make $43,326 in annual income, the average for the state. 13.3% of North Carolinians live in poverty, and 16.8% of have no health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
North Carolina is home to three major league sports teams including the Carolina Hurricanes for the NHL; the Carolina Panthers for the NFL; and the Charlotte Bobcats for the NBA. North Carolina universities include North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina, and East Carolina University. North Carolina has 28.8% of its population enrolled in college or university and 17.8% of North Carolinians have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
Top North Carolina industries include tobacco products, textiles, chemicals, electrical equipment, machinery, food processing, and tourism. There are 4,128,576 employed residents, and 8% of North Carolina's population is unemployed. North Carolina residents drive on average 23.40 minutes to work each day.