Rentals in North Dakota
There are 318,099 housing units in North Dakota. The average household size of rented homes is 1.98 persons in North Dakota with renters accounting for 92,739, or 33.10% of the occupied homes. Home owners account for the remaining 66.90%. The average rent for an apartment in North Dakota in the last 12 months has been $1290. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1202, $1302, and $1421 respectively.
The capitol of North Dakota is Bismarck and the population of North Dakota is 672,591. The most populated cities in North Dakota are Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Minot, and Mandan.
Weather and Climate
North Dakota is located in the Midwest and has semiarid and humid continental climates. Winters are very cold in North Dakota with winter temperatures averaging at a high of 18 degrees and 0 for the low. North Dakota has an annual average snowfall of 51.2 inches, and an average of 17.8 inches of annual precipitation. Summer temperatures are pleasant with an average around 82 degrees for the high and 60 for the low.
The median age in North Dakota is 37.4 years, with males averaging at 35.5 years and females 38.7. Half of the population is men and the other half women in North Dakota. North Dakota has 318,099 households, and each home averages $48,670 in annual income. There are 7.80% of North Dakota residents living in poverty, and 9.8% of its population does not have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
North Dakota is home to several universities including North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota, and Minot State University. North Dakota has 34.3% of its population enrolled in college or university and 19.7% of the residents have a bachelor's degree. It has no major league sports.
Industry and Employment
North Dakota’s main industries include food processing, machinery, mining, and tourism. North Dakota residents drive on average 16.10 minutes to work each day. There are 362,895 employed residents, and 2.7% of North Dakota's population is unemployed.