Rentals in Ohio

The average household size of rented homes is 2.32 persons in Ohio, and renters account for 1,429,869, or 31.60% of the occupied homes in Ohio. Home owners account for the remaining 68.40%. The average rent for an apartment in Ohio in the last 12 months has been $404. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $338, $390, and $476 respectively.

The capitol of Ohio is Columbus and the population of Ohio is 11,536,504. The most populated cities in Ohio are Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, and Akron.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Ohio is a Midwestern state with a humid continental climate. Summer temperatures average around 86 degrees for the high and 64 for the low, and have an average of 39.1 inches in annual precipitation. Ohio has an annual average snowfall of 27.5 inches, and winter temperatures average at a high of 37 degrees and 19 for the low.

Population Demographics

The median age in Ohio is 38.9 years, with males one year younger than average females one year older. 48.8% of the population is male and 51.2% female in Ohio. It is also home to 5,128,113 households, with each home averaging $45,090 in annual income. Ohio sees 11.8% of the population in poverty, and 12.3% of its population does not have any health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Ohio is home to major league hockey, baseball, soccer, football, and basketball teams. The Columbus Blue Jackets play for the NHL; the Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians for the MLB; the Columbus Crew for the MLS; the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns for the NFL; and the Cleveland Cavaliers play for the NBA. Universities in Ohio include Ohio State University, University of Cincinnati, and Kent State University. Ohio has 28.5% of its population enrolled in college or university and 15.7% of Ohioans have a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

Top Ohio industries include transportation equipment, fabricated metal products, machinery, food processing, and electrical equipment. There are 5,176,890 employed residents that drive on average 22.80 minutes to work each day. 7.30% of Ohio's population is unemployed.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View