Rentals in Oklahoma

The average household size of rented homes is 2.45 persons in Oklahoma, with renters accounting for 461,581, or 32.20% of the occupied homes. Home owners account for the remaining 67.80%. Oklahoma is home to 1,666,205 housing units. The average rent for an apartment in Oklahoma in the last 12 months has been $400. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $322, $385, and $471 respectively.

The capitol of Oklahoma is Oklahoma City and the population of Oklahoma is 3,751,351. The most populated cities in Oklahoma are Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Lawton, and Broken Arrow.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Oklahoma is calls the Midwest home. It is also home to semiarid and humid subtropical climates. Summer temperatures average around 94 degrees for the high and 72 for the low. Oklahoma sees an average of 36.5 inches in annual rainfall. It doesn’t see much snow, with the yearly average being 7.8 inches. An average Oklahoma winter has temperatures reaching high of 50 degrees and 29 for the low.

Population Demographics

The average age in Oklahoma is 36.3 years, with men being 34.9 years and women 37.7 on average. Women slightly outnumber men in Oklahoma, where 49.3% of the population is male and 50.7% female. There are 1,666,205 Oklahoma households, with each home averaging $42,072 in annual income. Oklahoma sees 12.70% of the population in poverty, and 18.90% of Oklahomans live without health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Oklahoma is home to one major league sports team the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder. Universities in Oklahoma include Oklahoma State University, University of Oklahoma, and Central Oklahoma University. 26% of its population is enrolled in college or university and 15.4% of Oklahomans have a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

There are 1,666,604 employed Oklahomans who drive 20.8 minutes to work each day. Oklahoma’s top industries include transportation equipment, machinery, electrical equipment, rubber and plastic products, and food processing. 5.10% of Oklahoma's population is unemployed.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View