Rentals in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is home to 5,568,820 housing units. The average household size of rented homes is 2.20 persons in Pennsylvania, with renters accounting for 1,474,352, or 29.90% of the occupied Pennsylvanian homes. Home owners account for the remaining 70.1%. The average rent for an apartment in Pennsylvania in the last 12 months has been $1727. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1486, $1771, and $1992 respectively.
The capitol of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg and the population of Pennsylvania is 12,702,379. The most populated cities in Pennsylvania are Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie, and Upper Darby Township.
Weather and Climate
Pennsylvania, a northeastern state, experiences a humid continental climate, with summer temperatures averaging around 85 degrees for the high and 61 for the low. Expect rain and snow if you travel to Pennsylvania! The annual average snowfall is 28.2 inches, and 42.9 inches of rain falls per year. It gets chilly in Pennsylvania during the winter, with average temperatures having a high of 38 degrees and 20 for the low.
Women outnumber and are slightly older than men in Pennsylvania. 48.7% of Pennsylvanians are male and 51.3% female. The median age for both sexes is40.2 years, with men averaging at 38.7 years and women 41.5. Pennsylvania is home to 5,568,820 households, with each averaging $49,288 in annual income. Pennsylvania sees 9.3% of the population in poverty, and 10.2% of Pennsylvanians do not have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
If you like professional basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and hockey, you are in luck! Pennsylvania is home to the Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins for the NHL; the Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates fort the MLB; Philadelphia Union for MLS; the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers for the NFL; and the Philadelphia 76ers for the NBA. Pennsylvania also has its share of universities including Pennsylvania State University, University of Pittsburgh, and Temple University. 29.8% of Pennsylvanians are enrolled in college or university and 16.7% have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
Pennsylvania’s top industries include food processing, chemicals, machinery, electrical equipment, and tourism. It takes Pennsylvania residents 25.9 minutes on average to drive to work, and there are 5,842,790 employed Pennsylvania residents who do so each day. 6% of Pennsylvania's population are without jobs.