Rentals in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is home to 463,416 housing units with home owners accounting for 60.80%. If you rent in Rhode Island, expect your average household size to be 2.25 persons. Renters account for 157,779, or the remaining 39.20% of the occupied homes in Rhode Island. The average rent for an apartment in Rhode Island in the last 12 months has been $1904. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1563, $1904, and $2162 respectively.
The capitol of Rhode Island is Providence and the population of Rhode Island is 1,052,567. The most populated cities in Rhode Island are Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket, and East Providence.
Weather and Climate
The northeastern state of Rhode Island has a humid continental climate. Summer temperatures are pleasant in Rhode Island with 83 degrees for the high and 64 for the low on average. Winter low temperatures average at a high of 37 degrees and 21 for the low for the state. You will experience 47.9 inches of annual rainfall and 33.8 inches of annual average snowfall.
48.3% of Rhode Islanders are male and 51.7% female. If you ask a man how old he is, he will most likely reply with 37.8 years, the average age for Rhode Island men. If ask a woman the same question, she will reply with 40.8. 39.6 years is the average age for both sexes in the state. There are 463,416 households that are in Rhode Island, with each home averaging $52,254 in annual income. 12.2% of Rhode Island’s residents live without health care coverage or insurance, and 9.2% live in poverty.
Sports Universities and Education
University of Rhode Island, Johnson and Wales University, and Rhode Island College are just three of many Rhode Island colleges and universities. 36.6% of Rhode Islanders are enrolled in college or university and 18.1% of the population have a bachelor's degree. There are no major sports teams in Rhode Island.
Industry and Employment
Rhode Island’s top industries include fishing, jewelry and silverware, fabricated metal products, electrical equipment, machinery, shipbuilding, and tourism. It takes the 490,964 employed Rhode Islanders s 22.9 minutes to drive to work each day. 7% of Rhode Island's population is unemployed.