Rentals in Utah
There are 981,821 housing units in Utah, with home owners accounting for 69.90%. Renters account for the remaining 264,883, or 30.10% of occupied homes. The average household size of Utah’s rented homes is 2.84 persons. The average rent for an apartment in Utah in the last 12 months has been $1383. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1103, $1283, and $1522 respectively.
The capitol of Utah is Salt Lake City and the population of Utah is 2,763,885. The most populated cities in Utah are Salt Lake City, West Valley City, Provo, Sandy, and Orem.
Weather and Climate
Utah is a western state, with semiarid, arid, and highland climates. Summer temperatures can be warm with an average around 90 degrees for the high and 69 for the low. Winters are chilly with the temperatures averaging at a high of 38 degrees and 27 for the low. Utah has an annual average snowfall of 56.2 inches, and an average of 12.2 inches of annual rainfall.
The male to female ratio in Utah is one, and the median age in Utah is 29.2 years. Men are slightly younger with an average age of 28.7 years and women average in at a slightly older 29.7 years. There are 981,821 homes in Utah, with each averaging $54,744 in annual income. Utah sees 9.70% of the population in poverty, and 15.30% of its population does not have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
Utah has two major league sports teams, the Real Salt Lake for MLS; and Utah Jazz for the NBA. Universities include University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Utah Valley State College. 27.6% of Utah’s residents are enrolled in college or university and 19.9% have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
There are 1,229,064 employed residents who drive 21.2 minutes to work each day. Top industries in Utah include machinery, aerospace, mining, food processing, electric equipment, and tourism. 6.40% of Utah's population have no jobs.