Rentals in Vermont
Vermont is home to 322,698 housing units. Renters account for 76,075, or 29.60% of the occupied homes in Vermont, with their average household size being 1.99 persons. Home owners account for the other 70.40%. The average rent for an apartment in Vermont in the last 12 months has been $1968. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1509, $1835, and $2132 respectively.
The capitol of Vermont is Montpelier and the population of Vermont is 625,741. The most populated cities in Vermont are Burlington, Essex, Rutland, Colchester, and South Burlington.
Weather and Climate
Vermont, located in the northeastern United States, experiences a humid continental climate. Summer temperatures are pleasant with an average around 79 degrees for the high and 56 for the low. Average winter temperatures are cold with an average of 26 degrees and 7 for the low. Bring your skis to Vermont if you visit in the winter! The annual average snowfall is 81.2 inches. The average yearly rainfall is 42.7 inches.
Did you know that the median age in Vermont is 41.5 years, with the average age for men being 40.4 years and women 42.7? 49.2% of Vermont’s population is male and 50.8% female. Vermont has 322,698 households within its borders, and each home averages $49,406 in annual income. 8.4% of Vermont’s residents live in poverty, and 8% of the population has no health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
Vermont has 31.1% of its population enrolled in college or university, and is home to several universities including University of Vermont, Champlain College, and Norwich University. 20.3% of the population have a bachelor's degree. The state has no major league sports teams.
Industry and Employment
Vermont’s top industries include electrical equipment, fabricated metal products, printing and publishing, paper products, and tourism. Vermont residents drive on average 21.7 minutes to work each day. If you are one who makes this commute, then you are among the 322,432 employed residents. 5.5% of Vermont's population is unemployed.