Rentals in Washington

The average household size of rented homes is 2.37 persons in Washington. Renters account for 961,924, or 36.90% of the occupied homes in Washington. Home owners account for the other 63.10%. The state is home to 2,888,594 housing units total. The average rent for an apartment in Washington in the last 12 months has been $859. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $578, $709, and $949 respectively.

The capitol of Washington is Olympia and the population of Washington is 6,724,540. The most populated cities in Washington are Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, and Bellevue.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Washington is located out west and borders the Pacific Ocean. Washington’s climates include marine, highland, and semiarid. Summer temperatures are mild and pleasant with averages around 76 degrees for the high and 56 for the low. Winters are also mild with temperatures averaging at a high of 46 degrees and 36 for the low. Washington has an annual average snowfall of 5 inches, and an average of 38.4 inches of annual precipitation.

Population Demographics

The male to female ratio for Washington is one. The median age for both sexes is 37.2 years, with males averaging at 36.2 years and females 38.3. Washington is home to 2,888,594 households, with each home taking home on average $55,631 in annual income. 14.2% of its population does not have any health care coverage or insurance, and Washington sees 9.2% of the population in poverty.

Sports Universities and Education

Washington is home to a major league baseball team, the Seattle Mariners; a major league soccer team, the Seattle Sounders FC; and a major league football team, the Seattle Seahawks. Universities in Washington include University of Washington, Washington State University, and Western Washington University along with many others. 27.6% of its population are enrolled in college or university and 19.9% of the population have a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

Washington is home to several industries including aerospace, food processing, paper products, lumber and wood products, chemicals, and tourism. There are 3,070,269 employed Washington residents, and 6.9% of Washington's population is unemployed. Expect to drive 25.1 minutes to work each day if you live and work in Washington.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View