Rentals in Wisconsin
There are 2,625,477 housing units located in Wisconsin. Renters account for 713,493, or 31.3% of the occupied homes in Wisconsin, and home owners account for the other 68.7%. If you live in a rented home, your household size is probably 2.15 persons. The average rent for an apartment in Wisconsin in the last 12 months has been $1422. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $1165, $1457, and $1713 respectively.
The capitol of Wisconsin is Madison and the population of Wisconsin is 5,686,986. The most populated cities in Wisconsin are Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Kenosha, and Racine.
Weather and Climate
Wisconsin is a Midwestern state with a humid continental climate. Summer temperatures in Wisconsin are comfortable with the average around 83 degrees for the high and 60 for the low. Average winter temperatures in Wisconsin are cold with high of 28 degrees and 10 for the low. The annual average snowfall for the state is 50.9 inches, and 32.6 inches of rain falls on average in the state every year.
The median age in Wisconsin is 38.5 years, with males averaging at 37.3 years and females 39.6. Men and women both take up fifty percent of Wisconsin’s population. The state is home to 2,625,477 households, with each home averaging $49,001 in annual income. 9.1% of the state’s residents live in poverty, and 9.4% of Wisconsin residents do not have any health care coverage or insurance.
Sports Universities and Education
Wisconsin is home to three major league sports teams, the Milwaukee Brewers for the MLB, the Green Bay Packers for the NFL, and the Milwaukee Bucks for the NBA. Top universities in Wisconsin include University of Wisconsin and Marquette University. Wisconsin has 28.5% of its population enrolled in college or university and 17.4% of the population have a bachelor's degree.
Industry and Employment
Wisconsin’s top industries consist of machinery, food processing, paper products, electrical equipment, fabricated metal products, and tourism. There are 2,805,102 employed Wisconsin residents, and 6.10% of Wisconsin's population is unemployed. If you drive to work expect it to take you on average 21.60 minutes to get to work.