Rentals in Alaska

Out of the 307,065 homes in Alaska, you are able to rent 6,729 of them. If you do rent, you are probably living with 2.5 people. Renters account for 91,825, or 36% of the occupied homes in Alaska, and home owners account for the remaining 64%. The average rent for an apartment in Alaska in the last 12 months has been $622. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $499, $604, and $794 respectively.

The capitol of Alaska is Juneau and the population of Alaska is 710,231. The most populated cities in Alaska are Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

You can find Alaska in the northwest region of North America, but rather than sharing its border with another state, it shares withCanada. If you were to tour the entirety of Alaska, you would experience subarctic, marine, and tundra climates. Although it snows about 75 inches per year on average, Alaska isn’t all snow all year round. Summer temperatures can reach into the mid-70s, averaging in the mid-60s and Alaska picks up about 22.5 inches of rainfall per year. However, the winters are cold with your average high hitting only 22 degrees and low temperatures averaging in at 12 degrees.

Population Demographics

Alaskans are about 34 years old on average with 52% of its population male, and 47% female. There are 307,065 homes in Alaska and you can expect to take home $64,576 of pay per year. Alaska sees around 7% of its residents in poverty, and almost 20% do not have any health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Alaska doesn’t have any major league sports, but it is home to University of Alaska, and Alaska Pacific University, along with other colleges and universities. Twenty six percent of Alaskans attend college or university and 18.5% of have a bachelor’s degree.

Industry and Employment

Top industries in Alaska include petroleum and natural gas, gold, food processing, lumber and wood products, tourism, and fishing. If you have a job, you are one of the 337,683 employed Alaskans and it takes you about 19 minutes to make it to work. Only 6.60% of Alaska's population is unemployed.