Rentals in Minnesota

The average household size of rented homes is 2.17 persons in Minnesota, and renters account for 564,220, or 27% of the occupied homes in Minnesota. Home owners account for the other 73%. The average rent for an apartment in Minnesota in the last 12 months has been $589. The average rents for a 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed apartments have been $487, $600, and $714 respectively.

The capitol of Minnesota is Saint Paul and the population of Minnesota is 5,303,925. The most populated cities in Minnesota are Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Duluth, Rochester, and Bloomington.

    
Loading....
View:

Weather and Climate

Minnesota calls the Midwestern United States home, and with that comes a humid continental climate. Summer temperatures average around 83 degrees for the high and 63 for the low. Minnesota has an average of 27.3 inches of annual precipitation and annual average snowfall of 54.0 inches. Winters in Minnesota are cold with average winter temperatures having a high of 24 degrees and 7 for the low.

Population Demographics

The median age in Minnesota is 37.50 years, with males averaging at 36.3 years and females 38.4, and the male to female ratio is one. 2,348,242 households call Minnesota home, with each one averaging $55,459 in annual income. Minnesota sees 7.5% of the population in poverty, and 9.1% of Minnesotans live without health care coverage or insurance.

Sports Universities and Education

Minnesota is home to major league hockey, football, baseball, and basketball teams which include the Minnesota Wild for the NHL, the Minnesota Twins for the MLB, the Minnesota Vikings for the NFL, and the Minnesota Timberwolves for the NBA. Universities in Michigan include the University of Minnesota, Minnesota State University, and Wayne State University. 28.6% of Minnesotans are enrolled in college or university and 21.5% have a bachelor's degree.

Industry and Employment

Top industries in Minnesota include machinery, food processing, printing and publishing, fabricated metal products, electrical equipment, mining, and tourism. It takes the 2,693,645 employed residents of Minnesota 22.9 minutes to drive to work every day. 5.90% of Minnesota's population is unemployed.

View All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Map View

Photo View